After dinner at the Reform Club yesterday I took a seat in the reading-room beside the open fire. I was soon joined by my usual five whist partners.
It was during the ensuing conversation that I somehow found myself betting twenty thousand pounds that it was possible to travel around the world in 80 seconds using the newly opened Google Earth browser plug-in.
What follows is my attempts to circumnavigate the globe in less than 80 seconds ...
Other Book Related Maps
- Senghor on the Rocks - a full length novel told through Google Maps
- Joyce Walks - remaps routes from James Joyce's Ulysses to any other city
- The 21 Steps an adrenaline-fuelled adventure written and designed for Google Maps.
- Littourati Blog - Mapping places in books
- Google Lit Trips - Many, many literary journeys mapped.